The Red Panda Network is a non-profit organization dedicated to protecting the red panda and conserving the environment they live in. Today, there are as few of 2,500 red pandas that remain in the wild. Your donation will help in protecting these amazing creatures by helping conservation efforts in Western Nepal.
If you don't know much about red pandas, take a look at some fun facts below:
- They are in no way related to a panda. From a genetic perspective, they're more like the skunks and raccoons.
- They absolutely LOVE splenda.
- Similarly to pandas, they eat bamboo. They too have false thumbs that allow them to grip the bamboo.
- They have a chittering sound that sounds similar to a bird chirping.
- Their fluffy and powerful tail measures about 50cm and is used to protect their body from the cold, as well as keep their balance.
So Why Save the Red Panda?
Currently, global climate change is destroying forests that these creatures rely on. They are also ambassadors for clean air and water for approximately 500 million people.
Protecting these wild animals is essential to the preservation of natural heritage and global biodiversity. The red panda is entirely unique and a living of times past.
Aside from deforestation, these animals are illegally hunted for their furs to create clothing and hats.
How Can You Help?
Aside from purchasing from our red panda products, you can get involved with The Red Panda Network either by volunteering or donating! Make sure to check out their site for more information on their research, conservation efforts and how you can get involved!