Today, we celebrate one of our favourite animals (and also one of the very first styles we’ve ever carried) – the Penguin! If you’re not in the know, January 20th is Penguin Awareness Day (not to be confused with World Penguin Day, which takes place on April 25th). On this day, we take the time to reflect on our favourite flightless bird (sorry chickens!) and catch up on our Penguin trivia.
Think you know all there is to know? Bet we can surprise you! Slip into your Penguin Kigurumi, and check out these cool facts!
- We mentioned it before, but Penguins are flightless birds. With that in mind, what are their wings for? Well, those flippers are designed for flawless swimming. No wonder they’re so fast underwater!
- The ideal Penguin diet consists of fish and underwater sea life. That includes squid, krill, and other crustaceans.
- Why are Penguins mostly black and white? That’s for better camouflage in the water - not just for looking classy!
- So where do Penguins like to spend their free time? On the land.. and in the sea! In fact, Penguins spend half of their time in either place (I wonder which they prefer?)
- The tallest Penguin is the Emperor Penguin, and the smallest is the Little Blue Penguin. We know where Pokemon got their inspiration from!
That’s all we’ve got (for now). Time to waddle away!